If you've always dreamed of owning your own home but didn't think you could afford it, CHFA loans (Colorado Housing and Finance Authority) may make it possible. CHFA’s mission is to strengthen Colorado by investing in affordable housing and community development. They were created in 1973 by the Colorado General Assembly to address the shortage of affordable housing in the state. In 1982, when the Colorado economy was experiencing economic difficulties, C?HFA also began making loans to businesses.????
With a CHFA loan for home purchases, they offer:
- Home purchase and refinance loans
- Down payment assistance
- Closing cost assistance
- Homebuyer education classes???
CHFA's goal is to strengthen communities across Colorado by investing in them: more than $13.2 billion has been invested into Colorado’s economy in the last 43 years. These resources have helped:
- 94,786 ?Colorado homebuyers achieve homeownership;
- 117,528 households attend homebuyer education classes held statewide;
- 62,439 affordable rental housing units be developed or preserved; and
- 4,527 businesses access capital to support 59,793 jobs.???
The images below offer an overview of CHFA, the steps and requirements to obtain a loan, and a breakdown and comparison of the various
Quick read more or view full article
CHFA loans available.
If you'd like to see if CHFA can help you, contact their office on the Western Slope:
348 Main Street
Grand Junction, CO 81501??
Source for all info: CHFA website Read Less